Furniture Re-Arranging

This is a 'Before' photo of the living room when we got our new chairs.  Don't get me wrong - I like this arrangement!  But I am one of those people who had to move all the furniture in my room every few months when I was growing up - were you?  Anyway, I started doing a little dusting while the babe was asleep and before I knew it every piece of furniture was in a different place!
Another before - from January.
The After.

I moved things around in the dining room too (since they are really one room).
The before...
And now - I like that we can have it open all the time when I orient it this way, and see more of that lovely wall colour.  So we shall see how long this lasts - I don't know if I love it, but sometimes change is fun.

3 comments:

  1. I loved moving my bedroom furniture when I was growing up! It's too bad I can't do more of it now, but our couch won't fit anywhere else. I'm just biding my time until the kids are a little bigger and I can get a new couch. One question - where's the beautiful buffet that you scored on Craig's List?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is behind the couch under the window, where it was. You can't tell from these photos but I left enough room there for Will to get in and get his toys. Plus the couch hides the mess when things don't get put away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely! Well done. I like the flow of the room and the views that you have from every angle much better this way! Your home seems so warm and inviting. Charming.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!