Anna-Wili Highfield


I forget where I first saw these incredible paper sculpture by Australian artist Anna-Wili Highfield*, but once I had seen them I couldn't get them out of my head.  She paints archival cotton paper, then tears it up and re-stitches it together around copper pipe.  The results are quite magical, I can only imagine how striking they would be in a room.  I particularly love the ones that are suspended from the ceiling or attached to the wall, although I would not object to getting one of the others as a gift... I guess you could attach any of them to the wall!  Kate, you and I may have to duke it out for the raven.
I thought this little turtle was pretty cute too.  She also does some pretty spectacular copper wire sculptures - how amazing would they be in a big loft space?
Natasha and Steve, you need this giraffe.

* I remember now, it was on Black*Eiffel.  I love that blog!

1 comment:

  1. Love these! I was just drooling over them at the bookstore in the most recent issue of Living Etc. (I think it was that magazine).
    Flawless taste.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!