Christmas Party Countdown

Man this time of year is nutty!  It is the craziest of all for me at work, and of course Christmas with family on either side of the country is always a bit of a zoo.  And for some reason I decided that this year it would be a good idea to reinstate out annual Christmas party (which has been on hold since the birth of our first little guy).  The party is this weekend, and I have something after work every day leading up to it, and have had my folks visiting last weekend until this morning.  Brilliant planning Lisa.  However, I stumbled upon this great article from the New York Times Minimalist blog: 101 Simple Appetizers in 20 Minutes or Less.  Sign me up!  I'll let you know if any of them work! Anyone else have a great and easy appetizer to share?

6 comments:

  1. How's Big Book going?

    I suggest a baked brie wheel with a jam compote on toasted baguette slices. Takes 5 minutes to make. Amp it up with a roasted head of garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherry tomatoes and bocconcini mozzarella balls on skewers...with or without fresh basil...with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar drizzled on top. Make them a head and stick them in the fridge. Better yet, make WILL make them. Perhaps supervised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dip is killer-diller. Make it a day ahead. Skip the skewering. Cook pasta day of party, toss with a bit of olive oil so it doesn't stick. Serve on a tray of veggies, with some picks for DIY skewering. Took it to a foodie party, and it was the only tray totally empty at the end of the night. They licked the dip bowl clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things you can make ahead are key!
    -Pinwheels: http://hungryjaney.blogspot.com/2010/07/savoury-pinwheels.html
    -Samosas: http://hungryjaney.blogspot.com/2010/04/samosas.html
    -Any kind of dip with crackers, bread, or veggies
    -Shockingly, the "Our Compliments" brand of money bags are really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The link would be helpful, I guess. Creme fraiche tortellini dip: http://danatreat.com/2009/08/tortellini-skewers/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you make it through the holidays Lisa with all you've got going on! I'm so not a good cook so I tend to stick to a tried and true philly cream cheese artichoke dip and buy some President's Choice appies on the side ;)

    Great feature of Will's room on Ohdeedoh today! I love love love his red bed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!