IDS11

I attended the Interior Design Show 2011 on Friday and really enjoyed myself!  There was so much to be inspired by - especially the Pecha Kucha talks moderated by Arren Williams.  And of course, visually, it was almost an overload.  I am happy to have brought my camera, although it makes a subsequent post kind of daunting!  I will post in a few of the many, many pics I took Friday.  Above is an installation I enjoyed by 18Karat, a home store with its only bricks and mortar location in Vancouver.
 
Above and below are some of the outdoor furniture by Andrew Richard Designs.  I had seen them at past shows and been impressed, but this year I felt they really stood out.  I only wish I had a yard that could accommodate this amazing outdoor sectional!  (I guess that's the problem - I DO have a yard, and not an 'outdoor space'...)
These lights made me swoon - gorgeous gorgeous brass plated pendants from SNOB - a store that I also remember from previous years - it reminds me so distinctly of a store I adored in Cape Town, South Africa, I can't help but wonder if they source some of their things there.  (Just checked their site and it definitely has a South Africa connection!  Must make a visit out to Carlaw...)
I also enjoyed this little teaser for the Capacity show, on until Feb 6 at Bookhou on Dundas West - anyone want to check it out with me?
So many colours - Above is a gorgeous carpet from Weaver's Art and a display showing some vibrant cane chairs in a New Caribbean Design showcase.
Of course the amazing second life rugs from Elte were incredible - the colours are so vibrant and fresh on the worn rugs that have seen their share of foot traffic - its such a great combination.  They strip the colours from old worn-out rugs (since usually they are so dark and stained from years of use) and then re-dye them with vibrant and unexpected colours like rich pinks and purples... I especially love the Union Jack carpets, although one of the patchworks in blue would be my choice if ever I had one!
And speaking of Union Jacks - this great display by Upcountry for their new Timothy Outlon line was really nice - I didn't add it here but they had a great table set with amazing jadeite dinnerware - I want some!!
Montauk has a great place to sit and put your feet up - on massive bronze tables, surrounded by these great blackboard walls... and below, the Muskoka Collection from textile designer Julie Moschenross of Manor12 was just beautiful, my photo doesn't do it justice.  Definitely check out her site, her stuff is just beautiful!
Style at Home's booth was really fun and I thought a great showcase for the magazine.  It was a collaboration with Beauti-tone paints, and the paint can chandelier was cute.  Every wall showed a paint stick with the colour written on, the props and art were all referenced as they would be in the magazine, and the room was fresh and fun.  It definitely stood out.
These are for Chris - as I mentioned to Gil VandenHeuvel (the Recycler), if I were ever to get a piece of furniture into our house without protest from the hubster, it would be one of these recycled bicycle tables.
I have already done a post on Urban Tree Salvage in Toronto, and as a result my brother got one of their custom coffee tables!  They use all urban trees that need to be taken down due to disease or decay and make amazing furniture and accessories out of them.They had some great stuff on display, including this wonderful beam on castors that I only wish I had room for.  It would be so awesome in a loft...
OK, if you aren't too bored yet, there is much more but I am worried if I don't get this up soon I will somehow lose it all... so up it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there. Andrew Metrick from Elte here. I just wanted to thank you for not only coming to our booth but for featuring our Second Life rugs on your blog. I don't know that we met however being that Elte is a family business, you might have spoken to my brother or dad who were also at the booth. We has a terrific show and we got a chance to meet some really great people. The next time you're at Elte or Ginger's, please be sure to ask for me as I'd love to come say hello.

    Thanks once again and all the best,

    Andrew.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!