The kitchen is really done. Mostly.

Remember my mostly-finished kitchen with the plywood back? The plywood that may or may not have fallen on the children?  Don't worry, no one was harmed...just a little startled.  Turns out you get what you pay for with dollar store duct tape.  Anyhoo... we got the cabinet in over the holidays!  I just love it, it gives some extra storage and completely finishes the kitchen off.  I was worried that it would take up too much space in the dining room, but it actually works quite nicely.  YAY!  We also got around to putting up some art work which also helps make the place feel a little more cozy!
Please don't mind the mess - my 'photo styling' consisted of moving anything that might trip me while I snapped some photos... So the last step (besides getting the plug put in...heaven forbid we be completely done) is the handles!  I was thinking of plain white ones, but then thought maybe some little crystal ones would be nice, since all the doors on the main floor still have their original crystal handles.  Then there are those mother-of-pearl pulls from Anthropologie that I have been drooling over for years... not sure if I can do brass though, since the rest of the kitchen is so stainless.  I do have that brass light in the sun room though, and it IS a separate room...  What do you think?  Below are my options from Anthropologie, Lee Valley and Ikea (with prices to match!).
I am so excited to have it finished!  Now I just have to find the time to wash it out, along with Dad's cabinet, and unpack those kitchen knick knack boxes we packed up last YEAR!!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the second knobs!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous!

    The kitchen is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo Lisa! Your kitchen is so yummy. I have no eye for design. So for me, simple is always easier. Me likey the first and last. Crystal clear or white camouflage. Whatever you choose, it's going to be stunning. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cabinets are fantastic! And I agree, whatever you choose, it will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm, can I have your kitchen?! it's beautiful!!! love the white and the countertops. and the crystal knobs I think would be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh... sigh! I LOVE it! What did you use on the floors? Amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitchen looks great Liz. And I love those Anthropologie knobs. Mother of Pearl... drool...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!