Yo-Yo Ma and Lil Buck



I found this incredibly moving - it's like Lil Buck is floating on sound...  And kudos to Mr. Ma for continuously exploring the boundaries of music and performance!  I can't wait to see him in 2012 with the TSO.  What do you think?

From YouTube:
The other day, I was lucky enough to be at an event to bring the arts back into schools and got to see an amazing collaboration between Yo-Yo Ma and a young dancer in LA, Lil Buck. Someone who knows Yo-Yo Ma had seen Lil Buck on YouTube and put them together. The dancing is Lil Buck's own creation and unlike anything I've seen. Hope you enjoy. --Spike Jonze

Thanks for the link David!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Lisa, that was amazing and I never would have seen it without dropping in on your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!