Thrifting Luck

My amazing neighbour came by this afternoon to watch the boys so I could do some Christmas shopping.  I couldn't help but swing by the nearest Value Village - I hadn't been in so long! - and the gods of thrifting were smiling on me today.  I got this lovely Turkish vase, which is hand signed on the bottom - it will go with the other pretty ceramics we picked up in Turkey.
 I got a pair of interesting brass candlesticks to use in my holiday decorating, as well as this cloche perfect for upcoming entertaining!
These two display cases were I think $1.99 for both.  And below is my most exciting score - a beautiful soft grey A.P.C. turtleneck.  They are selling a similar one online for 135 Euros plus shipping!  Who doesn't need a grey turtleneck in the winter?
I also got a couple of winter videos for the boys, although we only got 10 minutes in to Merry Madagascar before they were bored and went off to find the play dough... oh well, I am sure they will come in handy in the next few months!

7 comments:

  1. You found some awesome things. The display cases and sweater are so great and at those prices, wow. Who doesn't love good old Bob? My son loves him. Just bought some dvds with him from Winners. So glad I found your blog and look forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous vase you found and so nice it reminds you of your trip to Turkey. Isn't it funny how some trips to the thrift store you leave empty handed and others you hit the jackpot. That's what keeps it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beatrice - I am so glad you stopped by and left a comment! Yes, I know Bob will be very popular around here - I was saving him for a desperate moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Grace! I think it is the thrill of the hunt that keeps me coming back - you never know what you are going to find if you take the time to really look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What scores! Thrift stores are so dangerous! I was in Sally Ann the other day and found to cane backed barrel armchairs, but I knew I had no room in my house. So I convinced my sister she needed the pair for her entry in her new home! She agreed and now I have a DIY project to do in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh that's the best! Sometimes finding deals for other people is even better than for yourself - then you have room for more thrifting! :) Can't wait to see how they turn out Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous finds! I especially love the Turkish vase.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!