Fjäll Mountain Lodge

I posted several of these photos on my Pinterest after seeing them on Remodelista, but I can't get these images out of my head.  This is how winter should be enjoyed!  This amazing building in the mountains of Austria (Fjäll means mountain in Swedish) has 6 separate 3-bedroom apartments, each perfectly turned-out with stunning views and sleek contemporary decor.  What amazes me is how "sleek and contemporary" translate here to "clean and cozy." The decor includes lots of natural elements, especially those beautiful oak-panelled walls which gives a warmth to this cool space.  I also love how traditional "mountain chalet" decor is updated and polished here - the balsa stag bust is a fun, modern reference to a real stuffed animal, and the requisite wood panelling, antler fixtures, and fireplace are anything but clichė.  I am ready for a visit, wanna join me?

Architect: Salter | Interior Design: Hecker Phelan & Guthrie | Photography: Mark Roper
Carbon Neutral Website: www.fjall.com.au

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this space!! It is modern, contemporary with a touch of whimsy and country charm! Totally crazy about the deer head and the cross window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This speaks to my Rocky Mountain heart. Now THAT is the way to do panelling :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!