Homemade Valentines

I am not even sure if these are blog-worthy, but this weekend Will and I made valentines for his class.  I had much grander visions for this, but then I checked them on the 'worth it' chart, and scaled down accordingly.  This was about what William and I could handle, and I wanted to make sure he was involved.
I cut a stamp out of a potato for Will to use.  At first I made a car, thinking I could do a ghetto version of Jen's amazing valentine, but Will told me it didn't look enough like a car.  No problem, did he want it rounder?  Bigger?  A truck instead? We worked out some drawings - turns out he wanted separate wheels, headlights and tail lights, people inside, and could I make it a Toyota?  Yeah.... how about a heart?  I can only do so much with a potato.
We got a great production line going and Will filled them out for his classmates, making sure he had one for himself.  They may not be much to look at, but he LOVES them and it was all I could do to keep him from bringing them in today.  Plus, it kept him occupied for a good hour, and it was fun to "collaborate" with him. :)

4 comments:

  1. Dharma@WannabeMermaidFebruary 13, 2012 at 1:01 PM

    Oh how I miss those days of red fingertips! They are darling Lisa. He did a great job, such nice printing :) Happy Valentines to you, him and all your valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!
    I'm not sure ours are blog worthy either....
    But we has fun making them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. I just love all the crafting that you and your boys do together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather @ InteriorGroupieFebruary 13, 2012 at 8:14 PM

    so cute! love potato stamping

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!