I Need Something Icy

Holy Hannah it is hot around these parts.  This thermometer in my car read 39 yesterday afternoon.  Add in that muggy humidity and it starts to feel like the heavy heat is actually pushing down on you.  Ugh.  We are fortunate to have one window unit in our otherwise un-airconditioned house, along with 5 fans. Together, they have made the days bearable, although nights are another matter.  But enough whinging.  Inspiration comes in many forms, and the oppressive heat lead me on a search for pretty, cold blue, icy things.  Even the model's look is icy cold.  (Sadly, it also meant getting Vanilla Ice stuck in my head... sing it with me: Ice, Ice, Baby....)  I hope this cools you down!

1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6


Photo # 1 byGrazia France

7 comments:

  1. These inspirations are perfect! It's so hot in toronto it's kind of crazy! I feel like im in Cuba or something minus the gorgeous turquoise water (lol) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I know... I was telling my Mom that yesterday I was fantasizing about jumping in a lake... you know when you feel that cool water on your scalp?   I am just desperate for a swim!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must consider getting a pool in my yard! Do you have a pool in your backyard? I don't see a photo for your backyard, what does it look like? 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having one of these would make my day right now! (www.eieihome.com/blog/latest-pool-designs.html)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I think I drooled reading that one.  Maybe we have room for that little round one??  We do not have a pool - other than our kiddie pool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!