Dreamiest Dream House: Cottage in Maine

Based on the number of times I have seen the above image on Pinterest, I am sure many of you have already seen this gorgeous cottage in Maine featured on Remodelista, but I love it SOOOOO much I have to post it for you.  Honestly, I know I say this a lot, but this might be the most perfect house I have ever seen.  :)

The house sits right on Martinsville Bay in Maine - so close to the shore, in fact, that the first order of business was ensuring that the high tides stopped flooding the basement.  It was originally a general store, later converted into a home in the 1930's.  The current owners, Fiona and Tony Hooper, were given a copy of the diaries of the two ladies who lived there for so long by their realtor - how neat is that?

The architect Sheila Narusawa overhauled the interior, and I especially love the white ship lap that runs throughout everything.  Her niece Justine Hand took these bright and airy photographs, and wrote the most beautiful post about her experience at the cottage and its history on her lovely blog designskool.  (Her blog is absolutely perfect - you should really go take a look!)



The windows, the view, the white, the ship lap, the lights, the KITCHEN, the bedroom.... I could go on and on and on....  This is OFFICIALLY my dream home.

3 comments:

  1. Superior cottage! Would love to read the diaries... Thanks so much for posting, and sharing the links for more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Margaret, wouldn't those diaries be fascinating? Imagine if every house came with them! Thanks so much for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace @ sense and simplicitySeptember 26, 2012 at 8:31 PM

    Oh my goodness - just gorgeous. I love the plank walls, the unadorned windows, the simple kitchen, the bed set so you have an amazing view (can you imagine it in a storm), the porch, the setting... I wonder if I could be so disciplined about all that white. I think I'd be sneaking some colour in there. I would love to read those diaries.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!