So many projects...

OK TEAM!  Vacation time is over.  We're home, we're starting school tomorrow (WAHHHH!), and I have been looking at my place with fresh eyes.  GAH!  So much to do.  After a month by the sea, this place seems so dark, with so many kinds of wood going on.  I need to freshen it up, paint things out, and there's no time like the present!  In no particular order, here are some of the things on my list:
Project #1 : The second-floor doors. For some reason, all the doors were left unpainted in the centre, on both sides.  Plus, the paint that is there is yellowing and dingy.  It will be no small task, but I would love to paint them all out a fresh white colour, with tiny colour surprise.
Project #2: While I was home I got another spool bed for Cameron at an auction.  It isn't quite the antique mahogany gem that William has, but it wasn't too much $$ and I am itching to give it a fresh coat of paint.  I have an idea for Cam's room, but will save that for a further post.
Project #3: The dining room wall.  I have had a bunch of frames sitting in the basement for months and months, but I think I finally know what I want to put in them.  I got some stuff at Ikea to put in the boys' room to display their artworks, so these are moving upstairs and the frames are going up here.  Hopefully it will clean up this area a bit.
Project #5: When I got home and looked around I swear this awesome dresser I got on Craig's List was sucking the light out of the room.  I am going to paint this guy too, either a white or a light grey - any votes?
Project #6/ Project of the century:  I am doing it.  I am painting out our gumwood wainscotting in the entryway.  I have dithered, I have debated, I have searched my soul, and am going with my gut (and Sarah Richardson).  I may leave the door frames wood, and probably the newel post, hand rail, and steps.  I was going to get it professionally done, but who has the cash?  So I will chip away at it, bit by bit, until it is done.  And maybe my Aunt Daphne will stop by some time... :)  I would love to replace the tired carpeting on the stairs too.

So just a couple of little projects... I am excited to start getting my hands dirty!   Plus I have been mulling over a business idea... more on that later.  Nothing like a change of season to get energized! :)

5 comments:

  1. Sundeep @ designwaliSeptember 3, 2012 at 6:56 PM

    You go girl. Your house is going to look killer. Happy painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! You are a woman on a wonderful mission, well many missions. I am intrigued what the project of the century will look like. I love the wood, but I am very intrigued by your plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Lisa Go! All your projects sound great and totally doable. Your home is going to look so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a list there my friend. Yes to painting the wood everywhere! And the dresser - white. What a gorgeous space you have, such great bones! Good luck, I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!