Would you or wouldn't you: Rattan

I may or may not have blogged about this site before, my apologies if I have!  However, driving down Dupont today I noticed a big sign on an antique store advertising a content reduction sale on YouBidLocal.com.  It is a great online auction site of local stuff - a fabulous mix of eBay and your local auction house.  Sadly this sale has since closed, but in perusing the current auctions, I found this set of rattan chairs - 4 of them - for a current bid of...$11.  Sure, it will go up before they are sold, but...just to contemplate that gives me the auction tingles.  How amazing would these look sprayed and cushioned? Like, say, these:
via

via
via
via
via
via
via
via
Or left au natural like this:
via
or this:

Yup, auction tingles...

18 comments:

  1. Yes...yes i would. Indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sweet, eh? I may be keeping an eye on these puppies - purely for educational purposes of course... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry @ First Time FancyOctober 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM

    I totally would! Those are absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would! Or should I say wood? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. These chairs are beautiful! So versatile! Seriously....$11 for bidding price!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe hold off to a nice pair of faux bamboo chairs! Ebay is great to get them ... the only trick is to get them from Florida to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa I love this chair
    saludos desde Chile

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cane furniture and always want to collect new designs. Here I found a lot of new and aggressive designs and planning to get some of them at my home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice! Love the idea of giving them a coat of glossy paint!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree Amelia - and it seems like a low-commitment way to get some high-impact colour in a room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It really is timeless, which makes it a good thing to collect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Angelica! I never did find out what it sold for... Thanks for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too true Tim - and good advice. Sometimes it is worth waiting for the better uqality option, even if it costs a bit more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know!! I am so sad I didn't keep an eye on them to see what they went for!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!