Glitter Card Production Line


I purchased a few holiday cards for the boys' classes, and never really got around to using them.  When I mentioned filling them out to William, he asked if we could make cards instead, like we did for Valentine's Day. Wullll, yeah!!!

I had a ton of glitter around that I had picked up during one of my many excursions to the Dollar Store, and of course a bazillion sheets of construction paper.  So we cut some little cards and I drew a few simple designs with glue.  Then the boys gently tapped quickly dumped the entire container of glitter on the glue and shook off the excess.  Thankfully I had the foresight to use some box tops to try to contain the glitter! Our little pot-scrapers also came in handy.  They kept at it for  quite a while and we had a real production line going before the glitter fights began... I think there will be glitter in our house until they leave for university - it is like living inside a disco ball.  (I sort of love it.)

Having done all the cards, and then allowing them to dry, William filled out approximately six before he had a melt-down and refused to do any more.  So for those of you with kids in his class who thought  his hand-writing looked like something his father might have done with his left hand... well, you get a gold star. :) Oh, and you are welcome for all the glitter we sent into your house.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha your last line is very funny. Charlotte brought home a box she made in school that was *covered* in glitter ... that subsequently ended up all over our living room, and I thought, 'is this the teacher's way of playing a cruel trick on parents?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Jen, I thought the same thing when I opened his mail bag and dumped about a cup of glitter in the front hall. Considering the teacher won't let crackers in the classroom because of the mess... you gotta wonder!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!